A step-by-step guide
Any restaurant with a Google My Business page can now show your menu on your Google business listing in the search engine result. Google My Business help hungry diners to see the whole menu in the search results before they commit to a booking.
This change came about early in 2018; you use this editor to add menu items (dishes) including title, description, and price, as well as to create multiple sections of the menu, i.e. appetisers, entrees, and desserts.
This is a big part of the consumer journey when making a reservation.
Add menu to Google My Business: A step-by-step guide
Enabling this feature is just a few clicks away. We have come up with a complete process on how to add a menu to google business listing:
- Log in to your Google My Business account, if you haven’t claimed your account yet you will need to do that first.
- Once in your account, go to “manage location”, “info” then “menu” you will find the menu section just after the Reservations URL and before Accessibility.
- Click on menu, and the below page will appear for you to get building out your menu. We broke the menus into different sections like mains, desserts and you can even add set menus or special event menus.
- You can also add a description for some of the dishes if there is any additional detail you want to add, something about where the produce is from or if it was prepared uniquely.
- Once you have started adding a few items from the menu you will see the items start to build out like below, you can change the order around and edit as required. We love this new menu feature from the Google My Business team!
Just another tip that will help Hungry Diners find your venue.